Raq and Roll
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raq and Roll - a gathering place for musicians, dancers, and lovers of middle eastern, world fusion, folk music.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Free Sheet Music Archives

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RokedBeGeshem
Admin
RokedBeGeshem

Free Sheet Music Archives  Empty
PostSubject: Free Sheet Music Archives    Free Sheet Music Archives  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 3:32 am

There's a lot of free notation out there to be found, especially for folk music. Here's a couple resources (more than enough to start with), I'm sure if I dig through my bookmarks I have a billion more, but at some point I do have to sleep. I just wanted to get the ball rolling - I'll edit more in soon!

Musescore - I've had some good luck finding arrangements of things on musescore (a digital notation software which has an online community where people post their arrangements.

Free Scores - Literally TONS of copyright-free music - classical, folk, etc.

ABC Notation - ABC Notation is one of the earliest forms of digital notation for music - it's a way to represent music using text and symbols (hence, ABC) and it can easily be fed into a generator to be displayed as standard notation or even played as a MIDI, transposed easily, etc. It was created for folk tunes, so there's a LOT of folk music on this site, and way more elsewhere on the web. I learned a lot of traditional Israeli debka tunes here, haha.

Carmine Guida - A pretty good sheet music resource for popular belly dance tunes. All the songs have the key, makaam, and applicable rhythms listed. Most have a PDF with sheet music (and lyrics), and some have a link to a video.

International Folk Dancers of Ottowa - Lots of ABC notated tunes from different folk traditions.

Dunav - An Israeli site indexing videos and music of Balkan dances. There's an option to search only dances that have the music scored.

Folkloretanznoten - One has to admire the German ability to turn any phrase like "folkloric dance notation" into one word. This site has sheet music broken up by culture of origin - there's tons and tons of Turkish music.

Trillian.MIT.edu - Another great source for ABC music, especially folk tunes.

W&M Middle Eastern Music - Lucky for us, a bunch of students at William and Mary are notating and posting middle eastern folk tunes.

Oud for Guitarists - Links to a bunch of Turkish, Arabic, Armenian, and Persian music notated. Some of the links are free, some are paid sheet music sites.
Back to top Go down

Free Sheet Music Archives
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raq and Roll :: Sheet Music & Notation :: Sheet Music-
Jump to: